For more than 80 years, the Association of Friends has supported the Otago Museum.
Their tradition of gracious gifting to the Museum’s collection is a significant aspect of this support.
Every member of the Association of Friends can enjoy the following:
- Access to the Friends’ Room* to take a break during your visit (includes coffee and tea-making facilities and access to the internet).
- A programme of member-only and behind-the-scenes events, including insider knowledge from Museum staff.
- A regular Museum newsletter.
- 10% discount at the Museum Café.
- 10% discount at the Museum Shop.
- Concession prices for selected special exhibitions.
- 20% discount on pre-booked exclusive hire of the Friends’ Room.
*Occasionally access to the Friends’ Room may not be available.
Please note, Association of Friends membership does not include Discovery World Tropical Forest admission.
The 2013 annual general meeting of the Association of the Friends of the Museum took place at 5.30pm, Thursday 5 September. Minutes from this meeting can be found here.
The Friends Council appointed at the AGM were:
- Julie Pearse (President)
- Brigid Casey (Treasurer)
- Evelyn Mann
- John Burton
- Douglas Holborow
- Allan Lyall
- Barbara Smith
You can find the Constitution of the Assocation of Friends of the Otago Museum here.
For more information or to join the Association of Friends, please contact our Administration and Support Officer.
Phone: 03 479 3269